At States of CBD, we are committed to ethical business practices and promoting human rights. We recognize the importance of addressing modern slavery and human trafficking, and we are dedicated to taking steps to ensure that our operations and supply chains are free from any form of forced labor or exploitation.
- Compliance: We comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to modern slavery and human trafficking in the jurisdictions where we operate. We expect the same commitment from our suppliers and business partners.
- Supplier Due Diligence: We conduct due diligence on our suppliers and business partners to assess their compliance with anti-slavery and human trafficking laws. This includes verifying their commitment to human rights, labor practices, and ethical standards.
- Supplier Audits: We may conduct audits or inspections of our suppliers to assess their compliance with our policies and to identify any risks or instances of modern slavery or human trafficking. If any non-compliance is discovered, we work with the supplier to implement corrective actions.
- Employee Awareness and Training: We provide training and resources to our employees to ensure they understand the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking, and to empower them to identify and report any concerns.
- Reporting Mechanisms: We maintain a confidential reporting mechanism for employees, suppliers, or other stakeholders to report any suspicions or concerns regarding modern slavery or human trafficking within our operations or supply chains.
We are committed to continuously improving our practices and procedures to combat modern slavery and human trafficking. This includes:
- Regular Review: We regularly review our policies, procedures, and supplier relationships to identify areas for improvement and ensure compliance with best practices.
- Collaboration: We collaborate with industry peers, organizations, and stakeholders to share knowledge, insights, and best practices in addressing modern slavery and human trafficking.
- Transparency: We strive to maintain transparency in our efforts to combat modern slavery and human trafficking by providing regular updates and communication on our initiatives.
Responsibility and Accountability
The responsibility for implementing and overseeing our Modern Slavery Statement rests with the management team at States of CBD. We expect all employees, suppliers, and business partners to uphold the principles outlined in this statement.
We are committed to continuously evaluating and enhancing our efforts to address modern slavery and human trafficking. This includes:
- Risk Assessments: Conducting regular risk assessments to identify areas of potential vulnerability to modern slavery and human trafficking within our operations and supply chains.
- Supplier Engagement: Engaging with our suppliers and business partners to ensure they are aligned with our values and committed to ethical practices.
- Public Engagement: Encouraging public awareness and engagement by openly communicating our commitment to combat modern slavery and human trafficking and sharing our progress.
States of CBD is dedicated to promoting human rights, preventing modern slavery, and eradicating human trafficking. We remain vigilant in our efforts to ensure that our operations and supply chains are free from any form of forced labor or exploitation. Together, we can make a difference in creating a world free from modern slavery.
This statement will be reviewed and updated annually to reflect our ongoing commitment and progress in addressing modern slavery and human trafficking.
Date of Statement:26-7-2023